May 4, 2010: RED ALERT!!! Test results are back on a sample of what is believed to be Nutro Chicken Meal and Rice cat food Lot # 09 01 10 11:03. This is from the same batch of food we tested below on the March 22, 2010 results. The pet owner's cat nearly died after eating the food for 5 days and the symptoms appeared to be consistent with toxic levels of Vitamin D...read more
If you remember correctly, Nutro recalled cat food back in of 2009 because of mineral amounts being wrong. http://consumerist.com/2009/06/nutro-cat-food-recall.html and are reported to be under the eye of the FDA since last year. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2009/04/nutro_foia.html . The questions in my mind is why are they still allowed to supply food for our pets? Why haven't they been closed down until a thorough investigation can be completed? Why are the powers that be standing by and letting our pets get poisoned?
Here is a link to what some pet owners are finding. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/nutro.html Pets are getting sick and dying and Nutro has not yet admitted to there being a problem. This is not right. How many or our pets have to die before we ban together and let these companies know we will not put up with this any longer. Get mad and stand up for your pets that rely on you for their well being.
This is only regarding cat food. Nutro has also had recalls involving dog food. Stop feeding your pets any products from Nutro. Save the bag, save what ever food you have left (in the event it needs to be tested), contact the FDA, and file a report, and get to your vet. Notify them what food you are feeding and have them contact the authorities also. Don't stand by. Take control now.
Showing posts with label veterinarian. Show all posts
Showing posts with label veterinarian. Show all posts
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Friday, March 5, 2010
Ashes Update
This is how it started.

The mystery of what was causing Ashes to lose her fur has not been solved. Last week it looked like the reverse mohawk was regrowing. I was thrilled that the mystery had been solved and she was going to be back to her furry self. Unfortunetly I was too quick to jump to an easy solution.
On Friday of last week I was checking Ashes over and found both her sides covered with little bumps. Almost like she had been bitten all over by something. I checked carefully for any sign of fleas but could not find any evidence of infestation. I decided it was time to call in the pros.
The vet came this Wednesday morning. By that time Ashes skin was now covered in crusty like scabs. She still had an appetite and was not acting ill, but something was not right. After an exam, a fur sample, and a skin scraping we sit and wait for the results or a ringworm test.
She has to put up with me toweling her every night and forcing a liquid antibiotic down her throat. Not something either one of us enjoys, but if it will keep her from getting a skin infection it must be done.
As of this morning her skin is not quite as pink and she shows no signs of getting worse. That is a good thing. If the ringworm test comes back negative and she does not show improvement we keep looking. I decided until we know more I will not put her back on Skin and Coat, the least amount of change right now is better.
So as of today the mystery that was solved is now back to an open case.
The mystery of what was causing Ashes to lose her fur has not been solved. Last week it looked like the reverse mohawk was regrowing. I was thrilled that the mystery had been solved and she was going to be back to her furry self. Unfortunetly I was too quick to jump to an easy solution.
On Friday of last week I was checking Ashes over and found both her sides covered with little bumps. Almost like she had been bitten all over by something. I checked carefully for any sign of fleas but could not find any evidence of infestation. I decided it was time to call in the pros.
The vet came this Wednesday morning. By that time Ashes skin was now covered in crusty like scabs. She still had an appetite and was not acting ill, but something was not right. After an exam, a fur sample, and a skin scraping we sit and wait for the results or a ringworm test.
She has to put up with me toweling her every night and forcing a liquid antibiotic down her throat. Not something either one of us enjoys, but if it will keep her from getting a skin infection it must be done.
As of this morning her skin is not quite as pink and she shows no signs of getting worse. That is a good thing. If the ringworm test comes back negative and she does not show improvement we keep looking. I decided until we know more I will not put her back on Skin and Coat, the least amount of change right now is better.
So as of today the mystery that was solved is now back to an open case.
Labels:
antibiotics,
cat fur,
cats,
fleas,
ringworm,
skin allergies,
veterinarian
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)